Call for nominations
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
For the year ending Dec 31st 2017
This announcement contains complete nomination process for Cricket Canada. The upcoming AGM will be held at Hilton Toronto Airport, 5875 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1N1 from 5th to 6th May 2018.
Following is a brief information about the nomination and election Process. For more information please reference the Cricket Canada bylaws
- Four (4) Directors-at-Large
- Eligibility of Directors
The following person’s are eligible to be nominated for election or appointment as a Director:
Any individual, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older, who is a resident of Canada as defined in the Income Tax Act, who has the power under law to contract, who has not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country, and who does not have the status of bankrupt.
Any nomination of an individual for election as a Director will:
- Include the written consent of the nominee signed or electronic signature; and
- Signed Undertaking that Individual meets the requirements for eligibility – please use this Word format nomination form
- Resume/CV; Chronological or Functional Format (Preferred but optional).
- Indication of position nominated for;
- Delegates must be at least eighteen years of age, and a member in good-standing of the member;
- Be submitted to reach the Head Office of the Corporation five (5) (on or before April 30th 2018) days prior to the Annual Meeting.
- The mailing address of the Head office is Nomination Committee
3-120 Woodstream Blvd
Woodbridge, L4L 7Z1Or by email at:
- All invalid nominations will be struck off the list on this date without further notice.
Nominations from the Floor – Nominations will not be accepted from the floor.
Circulation of Nominations
Valid nominations will be circulated by the Nominations Committee to voting Members at the Annual Meeting prior to the elections. The valid nominations will be posted to Cricket Canada’s website and Facebook prior to the AGM.
Election for 2 years term
- General Secretary
- Two Directors at Large (Top 2 greatest number of votes)
Election for 1 year terms:
- Vice President
- Two Directors at Large (3rd and 4th most votes)
Nominations should be submitted to the nomination committee via mail or email as follows:
3-120 Woodstream Blvd
Woodbridge, L4L 7Z1
Or by email at:
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the General Manager Ingleton Liburd directly at (647) 632-4218 or via the email address below.