Be part of the winning team at Cricket Canada. Changes in the governance of Canadian cricket have created new and exciting positions for committeed volunteers looking to "Join the Movement".
Cricket Canada is looking for applicants to join the new National Selection Group. The group will form the three national selection panels.
There are 10 positions available as follows:
- Senior Men's Selection Panel (4 positions)
- Youth Selection Panel (4 positions)
- Women's Selection Panel (2 positions)
Roles and Responsibilities are indicated below..
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- a good communicator who is not under suspension or investigation by his/her provincial cricket organization or any other body
- team conscious rather than one who sees only provincial or regional needs
- demonstrates an ability through past experiences to recognize talent
- demonstrates ability through past experiences to achieve objectives through planning and foresight
- should be constructive and objective
- has experience working in environments where confidentiality is required
- experienced selector at a minimum provincial level
- has played cricket at a first-class or international level and can demonstrate proof of this experience
- shall not hold another position within Cricket Canada which shall include any member of the Board of Directors
- ability to travel domestically as well as overseas, if required
- must be over 18 years of age and legally permitted to work in Canada mm
- must agree to provide a police or other third-party background check should application be successful
Positions are volunteer, however, Cricket Canada will reimburse all reasonable expenses, with prior approval, relating to this position.
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV via email to:
email@example.com or via mail to:
3 Concorde Gate
Toronto, ON M3C 3N7
Deadline for Submission is May 21, 2013.
Roles & Responsibilities of the National Selection Panel
The principal role of the National Selection Panel is to select teams to represent Canada that will:
(i) Maximize Canada’s chances of winning each game or series; and,
(ii) Guarantee the long-term success of Canadian cricket.
Responsible to the Cricket Canada High Performance Committee
Select the national team for all ICC or Cricket Canada approved matches
Select a Canada “A” team where such fixtures are organized.
Select a training national squad where necessary, the timing and number of players to be determined by the High Performance Committee.
Select and rank the players to be offered paid contracts, the timing and number of such players to be determined by the High Performance Committee.
Once a National Team or Squad has been selected and finalized by the Selection Committee (including the naming of a captain & vice captain), it is to be passed onto to the High Performance Committee for review/approval and announcement.
A minimum of one selector shall be present at:
- National Cricket League matches
- National team matches held in Canada
- Canada “A” matches held in Canada
Where possible, attend club matches where National team members or players of National interest are participating.
Liaise with and receive reports from Regional Selectors and National Youth Selectors regarding the identification and monitoring of players of national interest.